Enlightened Kumud Trust.
Enlightened Kumud was founded to empower children and women from underprivileged section. Enlightened strongly believes in ensuring services to the needy children and women. Mrs Kumud, founder, thought that something needed to be done to improve the situation of the underprivileged section of the society.
Since its inception, The Enlightened team has developed a range of programs and activities to fit the needs of Children and women from the underprivileged section of society. We are working on ‘Meri Pehli Jarurat’ for children and women. For children, it is education and for women it is using pad during menstruation for hygiene.
We at Enlightened are working to make a visible difference to the Environment. we are engaged in tree plantation, organizing awareness programs to induce a greener and healthier environment and also working to reduce air, water and noise pollution.
Enlightened is working for healthy lives by organizing checkup camps and awareness programs on health. We promote essential newborn care and immunization, reduce malnutrition, and prevent infant and maternal deaths.
We are also engaged in Road safety awareness to prevent untimely death and injury.
60 Children are coming on regular basis.
Change in the habits of cleanliness like washing hands, bathing, brushing etc.
Women group is formed and they are excited to learn and earn.
Identified potential in children for various talent like chess playing, dancing etc.
Organized health camp for 200 people in collaboration with HelpAge India.
Awareness camp was organized for water conservation in association with Jaldhara Foundation.
Registration and documentation:
Enlightened Kumud is registered as a charitable trust, in Delhi, India.
Applied for 80G.
Founder Co-Founder Director
Program Head Admin Head
Marketing: Marketing of our services and products, Events, Networking, PR, Research and statistics
Admin & HR: Handling Administration and HR activities.
IT: Website Management
Social Media marketing: Handling Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Blog.
Media and communication: Branding material designing, newsletter designing, media handling, PR
Enriching lives by ensuring happiness among underprivileged community.
To ensure a happy childhood by educating children through interactive learning and focusing on health and hygiene among underprivileged children so that every child grows with dignity, love and respect. To help children recognize and explore their interest and talent, and work on it with them. To empower women by making them learn and earn and also educating them about hygiene. To work for greener life and also to prevent untimely loss of life by road safety awareness program.
To reach out to 1000 children in next 5 years in Urban and Rural area across India. Empowering 500 underprivileged women for sustainable livelihood.
Innovation, transparency, accountability, creativity, integrity, team work, dedication and commitment
To give informal education with interactive learning
To explore talent in different fields like sports such as volleyball, basketball, discus throw, shooting, swords sports and chess, theatre, dancing, singing etc.
To provide different skills among women like stitching, beauty parlor work, weaving, hand painting etc. to help them earn money.
NETWORKING, NETWORKING, NETWORKING.
Kiosk in posh areas
Selling advertisement space to individuals, retails, companies, in quarterly newsletter and brochure
Strategic plan is to be reviewed every six months to track progress towards achieving the goals.
- Prepare PPT about Enlightened
- Assign roles to the team
- Orientation program or workshop for team
- Training for interns at the time of joining
- Review meeting of last month and action plan meeting for the current month will be conducted on every 1st of the month
- Team will give weekly or daily report in a given format
- Case studies by interns and volunteers and counselling of children and women
- To hire interns from different walks of life
- Conduct survey in community to collect the statistics of various issues like vaccination etc. School visit
- Networking and relationship building with other NGOs, government officials, corporate, donors, teachers, principals, doctors, political people
- Collecting references from kind hearted people
- To work to improve infrastructure
- To buy machines for Women group
- To organize health check-up camps on regular basis
- Organize awareness program on regular basis on Cleanliness & Hygiene, different Health Scheme by Govt, vaccination, for HIV, Cancer, TB etc, Pension Scheme by Govt etc.
- To prepare curriculum with an innovative way
- Painting school and decorating it
- Make a half yearly or yearly calendar of events or important dates to remember
- To put donation box and appreciation box
- To put admission forms, interns forms, attendance register in soft copy
- Admission forms for new session
- ID card of Children. Only students having card will get entry from the main gate
- Declare awards like 100% attendance, on cleanliness etc. on monthly or quarterly basis Award can be taking them to McDonald etc.
- Plan to organize self defence training for girls with the help of CWC
- Prepare branding material: Banner, Standee, Kiosk, brochure, Flyer, newsletter, T-Shirts, merchandise like mugs, pens etc.
- To come up with quarterly newsletter
- Ask public to celebrate their birthday with Enlightened’s children
- Design a comics for children
- Prepare case study Book showing few stories of children
- To start with Library & Toy bank
- Classes of yoga and meditation
- Plantation drive: make a groups of 5-6 children each and make them plant a seed and give them responsibility to grow it
- Awareness program on controlling pollution
- Give children a platform and take them to different competitions
- Inviting parents and grandparents for bday celebration, give them family photograph later
- Awareness programs on Road Safety
Sell through exhibition, stall and online
- Bags-Jeans and Jute Handbags for college girls
- Mobile covers from jeans
- Potli bags from old saree
- Hand painting on earthenware, Diwali Diyas, MDF products
- Crochet products
- Wool products
- God’s Clothes
- Carpet and dari from cut pieces of clothes
- Rangoli making
- Paper bags and shagun envelope
- Chocolate making
- Pickles and papad
- Jewelry making
- Soap making
- Juice or tea
- Enlightened Rasoi
Evaluation and Review:
The practice of evaluating one’s own effort is a natural one. It is often the last part of a project or process but at the same time the beginning of the next phase, extension or new proposal. The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the actual outcome.
Grounded Organization, core team’s experience, strong knowledge base, from different walks of life, Innovation in programs, living to reach to our goals and fulfilling our vision, effective documentation, transparency and visibility of work, impact on people, good feedback from our beneficiaries, good networking.
Enlightened Kumud is a startup so facing lack of funds, Infrastructure, children’s education foundation is weak, do not have permanent staff, training need for Volunteers and interns, depend on volunteers as can’t hire staff due to lack of funds.
Working on concerned area, CSR Funds, partnership with other NGOs, to create livelihood by marketing products made by underprivileged women.
Political influence, cash flow
ENLIGHTENED KUMUD Empower, Nurture, Livelihood, Ignite, Green, Hygiene, Talent, Employment, Nature, Excellence, Dignity.